|Department: Communication, Media, Film and Theatre studies
Address: P.O Box 1153-00502, Karen Nairobi-Kenya
I am a prolific, results oriented, and vision driven instructor and trainer in acting, art of storytelling, applied theatre and applied psychology. I have the efficacy to motivate and inspire learners to achieve set goals by enhancing performance awareness. I am culturally sensitive and able to work within a multi-cultural team setting. I have excellent skills in facilitation of learning processes. I am fluent in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Factors leading to onset and escalation of drug abuse among secondary school students in Mombasa County, Kenya. International Journal of Humanities Social Sciences and Education (IJHSSE) Volume 4, Issue 5, May 2017, PP 22-28 ISSN 2349-0373 (Print) & ISSN 2349-0381 (Online) http://dx.doi.org/10.20431/2349-0381.0405003 www.arcjournals.org
- Culture-drama for national dialogue- Jahazi: Art for social change; culture, art and performance. Volume 7, Issue 1, 2018, pp 68-70 ISBN No. 978-9966-028-82-2 (Online) www.twawezacommunications.org
Unpublished Research thesis
- Use of psychodramatic role playing in HIV/AIDS communication among the youth in Msambweni, Kwale County-Kenyatta University
Conference: Paper Presentation
- Theatre arts conference: linking theatre academia and practice: Kenya international theatre festival.Re-counting the theatre space in national dialogue; theatre for social change and national development :Nov- 2017
- Theatre arts conference: linking theatre academia and practice: Kenya international theatre festival.Community theatre: Mediating the narrative space towards alternatives :Nov- 2018
- Training and capacity building: Trained and mentored 10 members in Kwale in arts approaches to peace-building and advocacy and successfully encouraged the establishment of CBOs and communal economic activities functional to date.
- Peace, dialogue and inter cultural communication workshops: Conducted workshops on arts approaches in Denmark and follow up sessions in Kenya for participants drawn from education (pedagogy colleges) and social work. The focus was on the understanding and use of dialogue in peace-building and to respond to challenges in rehabilitation and integration of immigrants.
- Internship program in arts approaches to peace-building and cultural exchange: Facilitated experiential workshops for international interns with Kenya’s grassroots communities in peace, dialogue and inter-cultural communication. Aspects of understanding one’s culture and communication across cultures was a key focus of the workshops and experiences.
Field Work Experience
- Senior researcher: Evaluation of economic stimulus program (ESP) projects in Nyanza and Western regions constituency development fund board :Oct, 2012
- Research assistant: Baseline survey into issues around cultural practices that make children be both perpetrations and victims of violence-senior- IRCK Isiolo :Feb, 2011 Impact assessment into the peace programs in the Somali sub-cluster-Pact Kenya : Aug, 2011
Trainer-Amani Peoples’ Theatre-Nairobi
- 1994-2008:Practical hands on experience in community based theatre in conflict analysis, transformation, communication, therapy and in search of alternatives.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 August 2019 10:01