|Department: Communication, Media, Film and Theatre studies
Address: P.O Box 1153-00502, Karen Nairobi-Kenya
- 2019 May - Attended a Syllabus Review and Trainers Workshop organized by the Kenya Music and Cultural Festival under the Department of Culture and the Arts on 14th -19th May 2019.
- 2019 March - Attended a Stakeholders Sensitization Workshop on the International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD) to empower artists on how to apply for the UNESCO Funds, on 7th and 8th March at KICD.
- 2019 March - Facilitated a session on repackaging the Kenya National Drama Festival for the 20th Century, organized by the Festival Committee and the Kenya Film Classification Board in Kisumu.
- 2019 February - Attended a KNATCOM/UNESCO Workshop to Validate Standard Research Tools for conducting National Survey on Status of Cultural and Creative Industries in Kenya at the Kenya Cultural Centre on 19th/2/2019.
- 2019 February - Presented a paper at the Creativity for Empowerment Conference organized by Cooperative University of Kenya and Technical University of Kenya at the Serena PanAfrica Hotel in Nairobi on 7th & 8th February.
- 2018 March - Panelist during the World Intellectual Property Day organized by KECOBO at the National Museums of Kenya.
- 2018 October - Attended a KNATCOM/UNESCO Capacity Building workshop on the 1980 recommendation concerning the Status of the Artist ON 11th-12th October 2019 at KICD
- 2018 March - Presented a paper on Adaptation of African Mythology into theatre Musicals in the 21st Century: Revisiting the Production of Tigo the Musical, in the Mid American Theatre Conference in Milwaukee-USA,
- 2017 Sept - Attended the African Union Convention FEPACI Conference on ‘Cinema and Audio Visual Audience as participant.
- 2017 Feb - Attended a consultative meeting on implementation of the 2003 UNESCO Convention on the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Kenya organized by Ministry of Sports, Culture and the Arts held at the National Museums on 7th February.
- 2016 Feb - Presented a paper on “Linking Academia and Practise; The case of the Producer and Director’ organized by the Kenya International Theatre Festival held in Kenyatta University on 17th – 19th February.
- 2015 Dec - Winner Sanaa Theatre Awards 2015 for the play Tigo. Silk Theatres won 6 Awards namely: Best Director, Best Production, Best Musical Play. Best Tragedy, Best Actress (Sarah Masese) and Best Supporting Actor (David Mulwa).
- 2015 Dec - Attended a training on Photography and Cinematography Level Two organized by Canon Photography UK held in Kenyatta University on 7th – 8th December.
- 2015 Nov - Was a visiting professor at University of Cincinnati Conservatory of Music (The 3rd leading Drama School in USA) teaching movement, African dance, improvisation and Viewpoints.
- 2015 Sept - Presented a paper at the International Council of Traditional Music (ICTM) Symposium in Durban South Africa held in University of Kwa Zulu Natal, title ‘Rumba dance as Social Therapy’ on 29th – Octo 4th
- 2015 July - Attended a training on Photography and Cinematography Level One organized by Canon Photography UK at Office Park Nairobi 17th -18th July.
- 2014 Oct 22nd - Presented a paper at the Kenyatta University Culture Week Festival Seminar titled ‘Dramatherapy through Storymaking-telling.’
- 2014 Oct 15th - Presented a paper at the Kenyatta University Communication, Film and Media Studies, Stakeholders’ Workshop held at Kenyatta University titled ‘The Theatre Curriculum.’
- 2013 Jan 7th – Jan 11th -Participant in Leeds University and British Academy workshop in Kenya, Kitengela on ‘Use and documentation of Theatre for Development Tools for the school curriculum.’
- 2012 Nov 5th – Nov 6th - Participant in DRUSS`A and CREST (Centre for Research Evaluation Science and Technology) Workshop held in Kenyatta University on “Science Utilization and impact”
- 2012 Nov 7th – Nov 8th - Participant in DRUSSA and CREST (Centre for Research Evaluation Science and Technology) Workshop held in Kenyatta University on “Science Utilization and Impact.”
- 2012 Jan 9th – Jan 13th - Participant in Leeds University and British Academy workshop in Tanzania, Bagamoyo, “Integrating Theatre for Development into Organizations’ practicable model”
- 2011 Mar 28th-April 1st - Participant in Leeds University and British Academy workshop in Uganda, Mukhono, “Theatre for Development and Film for development utilization in East Africa.”
- 2008 October - Attended a playwriting workshop at Kenyatta University, organized by the American Embassy, Kwani Kenya and Kenyatta University.
- 2006 August - Certified counselor on ‘Child Abuse and Trauma Management at TEC Institute of Management.
- 2005 Oct 5th – 8th - Certified for participation in the African Cineweek script writing and Director’s Workshop by The Swedish Institute.
- 2005 June 9th – 12th - Certified on Disaster Management by Red Cross Kisumu.
- 2003 Feb 5th – 8th - Certified on Drama for Positive Change, workshop organized by Ministry of Education in Kisumu, Nyanza Province.
- 2002 Jan 15th-20th - Certified on ‘Practical and Theoretical instruction on Basic Theatre Techniques and Skills organized by Ministry of Education Mbale District.
- 2000 Sept 3rd – 9th - Certified Peer educator on "Youth, HIV/AIDS and Drugs” by Ministry of Health and UNICEF, in Homa Bay District.
- 1996 -2002 - A member of Homa-Bay Theatre group, working with Ministry of Health Kenya (MOHK), Care International, WOFAK and AMREF, in outreaches, teaching people through drama on reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, sanitation and drugs.
Last Updated on Monday, 24 February 2020 07:25