Title/Qualifications: Ba- Music (Augustana), Mmus-Conducting (Alberta) Doctoral Fellow, Music Education (Florida)
Department/Unit/Section: Music and Dance
Contact Address: P.O. BOX 19787 – 00202, Nairobi, Kenya
Download Full CV
- Socio-Cultural and Educational Importance of African Art Music: The Case of Kenyan Choral Art Music. Music Cultures from Eastern Africa. Chapter 7. Department of Creative Arts Dar es Salaam. 2016
Books and Books Chapters
- Towards Standardized and Greater Objectivity in Adjudication at the Kenya Music Festivals. TALANTA Yearbook of the Kenya Music Festival. Kenya Music Festival Foundation. Nairobi, July 2015. ISBN 9966-9689-5-4
Conference/ Workshops/ Seminars Presentations
- Selection, Preparation and Performance of African Art Music. CMENC –University of Florida Chapter, January 2010
- The Teaching of Expression in High School Performance Ensembles: A Case Study of Select High Schools in Alachua County, Florida. FMEA Fall Conference, September 2010.
- Presentations on different aspects of African Music: ‘African Choral Music for High School/ Youth Choirs’, ‘African Choruses for use in Elementary classrooms and Children Choirs’ and ‘Adding Percussion to African Songs’: Music Conference Alberta (MCA), Alberta, CANADA. November 2010.
- Strengthening Teacher Practice Through Visual Methodologies; Co-Presenter; International Society For Music Education 31st Conference, Porto Alegre, Brazil, July 2014.
- Music in the 21st Century: Beyond the Classroom. Co-presenter, Pan African Society for Musical Arts Education 1st Eastern Africa Regional Conference, Kenyatta University, October 2014.
- Role of Kenyan Art Music in Preservation of Cultural Music. 9th International Ethnomusicology Symposium, University of Dar es Salaam. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. July 2015.
- Orchestral Activities in Developing Countries: The Growth and Development of Orchestras in Kenya. World Federation of Amateur Orchestras International Conference. Bergen, Norway. May 2018
- Vocal/Choral Training and Conducting: Do’s and Don’ts; Permanent Presidential Music Commission National Symposium. 2008.
- Role of Church Choir in Music Ministry of the Church; St Andrews Church Choir Annual Retreat, February 2014.
- Towards Standardized and Greater Objectivity in Adjudication. Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Kenya Music Festivals. Trainers and Adjudicators National Workshop. Kisumu, Kenya. April 2015
- Choir Training and Choir Directing: An Aid. PAMICCO Choir Trainers and Coordinators Workshop, Nairobi. May 2015.
- Adjudication of Choral Music – Own Choice Selection and Performance. Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Kenya Music Festival Trainers and Adjudicators Workshop, Kisumu, Kenya. April 2016.
- Choral Training and Directing as a Critical Role in Kenya Music Festivals. Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Kenya Music Festival Trainers and Adjudicators Workshop, Kisumu, Kenya. February 2017.
- The Choral Conductor: Expectations and Best Practices. Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Kenya Music Festivals Adjudicators and Trainers Workshop. Kisumu, Kenya. April 2018
- Presentation and Adjudication of Western Instrumental Classes. Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Kenya Music Festivals Adjudicators and Trainers Workshop. Kisumu, Kenya. April 2018
- Vocal Music in Africa: Past to Present. Teachers’ Summer Institute, University of Florida Center for African Studies, June 2010.
- African Choral Music. Soweto Gospel Choir Pre-Concert lecture, Philips Center for the arts, February 2012.
- Music Education in Kenya: Past and Present Trends. Santa Fe College Guest Lecture Series. January 2013.