Area of Specialization: e-Marketing, Design &, Computer Aided Design( CAD) in Textiles. Innovation and Technology in Marketing and Merchandising.
- Rolle J.D, Kisato J. & Kebaya C. Preliminary review of abstracts on a handbook on the future of work and entrepreneurship for the underserved .The Business & Management Review, Volume 11 Number 2: ISSN 2047-2862(PRINT).ISSN 2047-2854 (ON-LINE)
- Rolle J.D, Kisato J. Rock P. & Winstanley J. Inclusive entrepreneurship: A critical look at inclusion of persons with Disabilities. The Business and Management Review, Volume 11 Number 1 pg 199.ISSN 2047-2862(PRINT) ISSN 2047-2854 (ON-LINE)
- J.D.Rolle and Jacqueline Kisato. (2019) The Future of Work and Entrepreneurship for the Underserved. Conference Proceedings. The Business and Management Review, Volume 10 Number 2. 2019.
- Rolle J.D, Billy I., Kisato J., Acevedo R., & Khasadyahu Z. (2017).The Cultural Genogram: Experiential Entrepreneurship through a Global lens. Academy of Business and Retail management, vol 8, No.4. ISSN 2047-2854
- Kisato J., Wandaka I. & Rolle J. (2016). Social Media Marketing in Micro and Small Fashion Enterprises in Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal of Social Science and Business. http://ijssb.com/index.php/54-contact/102-vol-1-no-4-december-2016
- J.D.Rolle, Iris Billy, Jacqueline Kisato, Roberto Acevedo & Khasadyahu Zarbabal (2016). Preparing Students for Entrepreneurship Careers. American International Journal of Humanities and Social Science. Vol. 2 No. 5
- Kisato J. Wandaka I. & Muigai D. (2015).E-Marketing Utilisation among Apparel MSEs in Nairobi, Kenya. African Journal of Textile and Apparel Research vol. 1 issue 1
- Ochola J., Kisato J., Kinuthia L., Mwasiagi J. & Waithaka, A. (2012). Study on the Influence of Fibre Properties on Yarn Imperfections in Ring Spun Yarns. Asian Journal of Textile 2 (3): 32-43, 2012 ISSN 1819-3358/DO1:10.3923/ajt.2012.32.43
- April 2020 – J..D. Rolle &Jacqueline Kisato “The Future of Work and Entrepreneurship for the Underserved”. Presented at International Conference on Business & Economic Development in New York, USA.
- June 2020-Rolle, J.D. , Kisato, J. , Rock, P. and Winstanley, J. Inclusive Entrepreneurship: A Critical look at Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities. Presented at CBER conference in the UK.
- April 2019 – J..D. Rolle &Jacqueline Kisato “The Future of Work and Entrepreneurship for the Underserved”. Presented at International Conference on Business & Economic Development in New York, USA.
April 2017-J.D.Rolle, Iris Billy, Jacqueline Kisato, Roberto Acevedo & Khasadyahu Zarbabal “The Cultural Genogram: Experiential Entrepreneurship through a Global lens.” Presented at the 6th International Conference on Business & Economic Development (ICBED), 10-11th April 2017, New York, USA
March 2017- Women Economic Forum- Paper presentation on Entrepreneurship at United Nation Church house conference in New York, USA.
November 2016- J.D.Rolle, Iris Billy, Jacqueline Kisato & Roberto Acevedo (2016) “Preparing Students for Entrepreneurship Careers October” presented in New York
June 2016-Exploring Corporate Social Responsibility with the Global Community (Collaborative Conference paper (USA, Kenya, Chile & Jamaica) presented in 4th International Academic Conference in Paris (IACP)-2016
May 2014- Best Paper Presenter: Dr. Kisato J. National Commission for Science Technology & Innovation (NACOSTI) 3rd National Science Technology and Innovation week: “Employment Creation through Innovation, Business Incubation and Entrepreneurship Promotion: A Case of Kenyatta University.
May 2014- Wanderi, P., Kisato J. and Mwangi G. (2014) “University Based Incubation and Entrepreneurial Training Initiatives as an Intervention for Urban Youth Unemployment: The Case of Kenyatta University, Kenya. “. Presented at Moi University on 5th-6th May 2014
May 2014-Kisato J., Wandaka I & Muigai D. (2014) Utilisation of E-Marketing Strategies among Apparel MSEs in Nairobi, Kenya. Presented in the Clothing Textile and Apparel conference in Bahir- Dar University, Ethiopia 1st-3rd May 2014.
5 May 2014-Kisato J., Wandaka I & Muigai D. (2014) Social Media Marketing among Fashion MSEs in Nairobi, Kenya. Presented in the Clothing Textile and Apparel conference in Bahir- Dar University, Ethiopia 1st-3rd May 2014.
Ongoing Research Projects
- Lead PI- Commercializing Biodgradable Packaging and sanitary towels, machinery and business models. Funded multi disciplinary Project (USD $ 180,000)
- Evaluation study to assess short- and long-term impact of the STEP training- Kenya 2013 T4 (fourth wave) Prof Michael Gielnik (Leuphana University, Germany) & Dr. Jacqueline Kisato (Kenyatta University)
- December 2017: (Amount : 684, 116USD)National Phytotherapeutics Research, Upscaling And Quality Assurance Centre .In The Science And Research Park At Kenyatta University PI: Prof. Nicholas Kamindu Gikonyo. Co PIs: Prof. Ethel Oranga Monda, Dr. Jacqueline Kisato Dr. George K. Kosimbei Elias Onyango Ako
Trainer Google online Marketing Challenge 2013- Regional finalist in Africa & Middle East
Knowledge Partner –You WinAwards 2013: www. You WinAwards.com
Administrative positions held to date
- Research and Innovation- Fashion Design and Marketing Dept.
- Collaboration & Linkages- Fashion Design and Marketing Dept
- E-Learning coordinator- Dept. of Fashion Design & Marketing.
- Master Trainer Student Training for Entrepreneurial Promotion (Africa)
- Website Chairperson- Fashion Design and Marketing Department